NCCDP has Certified instructors who
can bring the NCCDP curriculum
to your facility. Upon completion
of the training, the participant
will receive a certificate of training.
Once they receive a certificate of
training, they are welcome to apply
for Certified Dementia Practitioner.
To meet the criteria, the applicant
1. Be certified or licensed in a health care profession or hold a Masters Degree
2. Completed an Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Seminar taught by an approved NCCDP Certified Instructor.
3. Minimum of 3 years experience in health care
4. For those individuals who do not have a license or certification but have a Masters Degree, they must have a minimum of 5 years experience in health care.
Please see the CDP application for more information on qualifications.
The seminar includes comprehensive hand out notebook, test, and communication video. Presentation style is Overhead or Power Point. The seminar is generally taught over an 8 hour day but in those states that require 20 or more hours, the seminar is adapted to fit the state in which you live in to meet state requirements.
The training includes the following modules:
- Introduction to Dementia: (Diagnosis, Prognosis, Treatment)
- Communication and Feelings
- Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
- Paranoia, Hallucinations, Wandering and Hoarding
- Aggressive Behaviors, Catastrophic Reactions, Intimacy and Sexuality
- Personal Care: Bathing, Dressing, Toileting and Nutrition
- Staff and Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Spiritual Care and End of Life Issues
Please contact us for more information at 1 877 729 5191 or email us by using the CONTACT US FORM