Certified Dementia Practitioner® CDP®
Where do I start?
How to Obtain a CDP Certification
Complete the ADDC Seminar
Complete the live one-day ADDC Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar. The ADDC seminar is the required course for those pursuing CDP certification. Follow the link below to view upcoming ADDC seminars.
Submit the CDP Application
Follow the link below to complete your online application for certification.
Who Can apply?
Professions Eligible for CDP Certification
The CDP certification is only open to people living in the United States and who meet the qualifications certification as a CDP.
What Do I need?
Documents for Application
The CDP online application form requires you to upload multiple documents in PDF, WORD, or JPG file format. Please have available the following documents before accessing the online CDP application form.
Required for All Applicants
Certificate of Completion from the Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar.
Supporting Documentation (ONE OF BELOW REQUIRED)
- A copy of an active license or certification in the healthcare field
- A copy of a college diploma or transcripts
- A letter from an administrator if you are not required to have a license, certification, or degree to hold your position.
Login to your account and if eligible to renew, a renewal button will be visible on your account page. The renewal button will show up 60 days prior to the expiration date.
Companies who’ve Invested in their staff
“Believe in the Power of Staff Education.”
Congratulations to the following companies for recognizing and valuing the importance of Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Staff education and have taken the additional step and invested in their staff credentials.
Who is the CDP certification for?
This certification is open to all healthcare professionals, front-line staff, clergy, and other medical professionals who work in and around the geriatric healthcare industry and have at least one full year of paid experience.
Does everyone qualify for the CDP Certification?
Anyone can attend the NCCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar, but not everyone will qualify for certification as a CDP. Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible.
– Attend the ADDC (Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar)
– Have at least one year of paid experience in geriatric healthcare
– Qualify for their position with either a license/certification, degree
– Meet state regulations for that position without a license/certification or degree.
What does the CDP Certification represent?
- The CDP certification represents that the professional has received
comprehensive education in the dementia care field.
- The CDP commits to ongoing professional development through NCCDP Staff Education Week or other educational opportunities and re-certification every two years.
- A CDP certification demonstrates your dedication to excellence in the field of memory care.
The CDP certification is not a profession; rather it is a compliment to the professional credentials and training you already have obtained in your chosen profession and your choice to work with the geriatric profession.
Notice: While certification promotes and maintains quality, it does not license, confer a right or privilege upon or otherwise define the qualifications of anyone in the healthcare field.
How will I receive my CDP Certification after completion?
All certifications are emailed to you. You have the option to request a hard copy for an additional fee.
International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
Grandfather CDP® Option
NCCDP now offers health care professionals who have received dementia or Alzheimer’s certification from a national organization and or University the opportunity to grandfather your application. This allows you to bypass the NCCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar.
Links and FAqs
Information You Need & More About Being a CDP®
Click through the drop-down list to find answers and information about the process of becoming a CDP.
Certified Dementia Practitioner® CDP® for Groups
Organizations can invest in their staff education and certification.
MINIMUM NUMBER IN A GROUP
Groups of ten.
Application fee is $40.00 per person USD.
CDP For Groups Information
MINIMUM NUMBER IN A GROUP
Groups of ten.
Application fee is $40.00 pp USD.
GROUP ADMINSTRATOR APPLICATION PROCESS
- To apply, the group administrator will go to https://portal.nccdp.org/certificate/cdp_step1
- Select CORPORATE GROUP APPLICATION (FEE is $40.00 per person, minimum of 10 members)
- Create an account and select the number of people in your group
- Enter each staff name and email address.
- Check off box to indicate initial or renewal application
- Submit payment
GROUP MEMBER APPLICATION PROCESS
- Each group member will receive an email with instructions to individually apply for the Certified Dementia Practitioner certification
- The group member is issued a username and password and an e-mail is sent to each member.
- The group member will go to www.nccdp.org/login
- The group member enters the username and password that was provided in the instruction email.
- The group member completes the online application and submits application for review.
- The group member will have 21 days to complete the application. After 21 days, if the employee has not completed the application it will be deleted by the system. Employee will need to contact NCCDP for further action.